Shepherds Pie P-lo Style. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Shepherd's Pie is a savory meat pie with a crust made mashed potato.
Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie. Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie. Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes. You can have Shepherds Pie P-lo Style using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie P-lo Style
- Prepare 2-15 ounce of cans of sweet whole kernel corn.
- Prepare 2-15 ounce of cans of veggie grove French style green beans.
- You need 1 can (15 ounce) of sweet peas.
- You need 6-8 of potatoes.
- You need 1 lb of shredded cheese (I use Mexican style).
- Prepare 1/2 of chopped onion.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- It’s of Milk(for mashed potatoes).
- Prepare of Butter(for mashed potatoes).
- You need of Heavy Whipping cream or half and half cream(for mashed potatoes).
- It’s 1 of and a half pound of ground hamburger meat.
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Pie like you've never had it before. Perhaps combining Shepherd's Pie and Rogan Josh curry is not pioneering a new frontier but it IS creating a delicious and memorable dinner nonetheless. Michael Winner was partial to shepherd's pie and Margaret Thatcher would cook it for civil servants as they plotted to destroy the country.
Shepherds Pie P-lo Style step by step
- Peel and boil potatoes.
- While potatoes are boiling I add my meat over med high heat with onion and cilantro and seasons (salt pepper garlic) and cook about 15 minutes until all meat is browned and cooked thru then drain grease out of and set meat aside.
- Now potatoes should be about done once tender with fork drain water and add milk, butter, cream, salt pepper and garlic and mash (I have a mashed potato recipe on my page)…do as you would make mashed potatoes.
- Now grab a baking dish and add potatoes for the first layer.
- Then add drained meat on top for next layer.
- Now add cans of vegetables but drain liquid before you add each can then top with salt pepper and garlic.
- Final layer shredded cheese I top with salt and garlic and little more cilantro. And place in oven at 375.
- In about 20-30 minutes later all cheese will be melted and corners starting to brown remove dish and let sit few minutes to cool.
Whether you should eat shepherd's pie in a pub or restaurant, however, is another matter. This Shepherds Pie Recipe is as easy as they come. Just a handful of basic ingredients and you have a easy family meal that doesn't require a side dish. Hearty, comfort food at its finest. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe.