Banana French Toast Crisp.
You can cook Banana French Toast Crisp using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana French Toast Crisp
- Prepare 6 slices of thick cut cinnamon-raisin bread; lightly toasted.
- Prepare 6 of bananas; quatered.
- It’s 1/2 C of rolled oats.
- You need 1/2 C of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 C of brown sugar.
- You need 1 stick of butter; cubed & softened.
- It’s 1/4 t of iodized salt.
- Prepare 1/2 t of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- It’s 2 C of half and half.
- You need 1 t of banana extract.
- You need 1/2 t of cinnamon extract.
Banana French Toast Crisp instructions
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Combine flour, oats, iodized salt, brown sugar, 1/2 t cinnamon, and butter in a large bowl. Use your fingers to mix and squeeze the butter together to make thin paper like crumbles..
- Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, half and half, 1/2 t cinnamon, and banana extract..
- Butter a medium sized casserole dish. Lay toast down to cover the bottom. Cut one or two slices in half to fill the gaps. Lay down the bananas atop the bread..
- Pour the half and half mixture over the bread and bananas. Let sit for 10 minutes..
- Press oat mixture atop bananas..
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes..
- Garnish by pouring maple syrup and chocolate chips around a slice of the crisp, not atop. Sift powdered sugar atop..
- Variations; Bourbon, apples, honey, granulated sugar, caramel, cognac, choclate sauce, dstes, figs, almonds, macadamia, cashews, peanuts, pecans, raisins, rum, vanilla, peaches.