Chicken Katsu with Curry Sauce. When I make curry at home, Mr. JOC always prefers adding katsu on top. He just loves the crunchy texture of katsu mixed with the flavorful curry sauce You can literally make your protein choice with different options!
A hearty, mildly spicy main meal best served with rice. What better way is there to unwind after a long day than with a flavoursome Japanese katsu curry? Strain curry sauce through a sieve, a little bit at a time. You can have Chicken Katsu with Curry Sauce using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Katsu with Curry Sauce
- You need 1 of chicken breast, halved and pounded.
- It’s of Flour + salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 of egg, scrambled.
- Prepare of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare half of a carrot.
- You need 3 cm of ginger.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 300 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- It’s 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare of spring onions, sliced.
Slice the chicken into lengths and plate up next to the rice. Add salad, or wok-fried greens to the plate alongside, then drench in curry sauce. Top tip for making Wagamama chicken katsu curry. You can swap most vegetables out.
Chicken Katsu with Curry Sauce instructions
- Coat the chicken breast with flour, continued with egg, and breadcrumbs.
- Fry the chicken breast until evenly cooked. Cut into strips.
- To make the curry sauce, saute the onion, garlic, ginger, and (grated) carrot.
- Add flour, curry powder, and bay leaves. Pour the chicken stock. Stir well and heat until become thick sauce. Add honey and soy sauce to the sauce.
- Use a hand blender to make a smoother sauce. Pour onto the chicken katsu. Garnish using spring onion and black pepper.
Katsu curry is just a variation of Japanese curry with a chicken cutlet on top. I have used a store-bought block of Japanese curry roux which is Katsu curries served at restaurants often do not have anything in the sauce. Katsu Curry – Great Pre-made Dish. A chicken katsu curry is a Japanese staple and mine features a perfectly fried crispy chicken breast and a fab homemade curry sauce. This truly epic chicken katsu curry recipe from Jamie Oliver's Friday Night Feast is an absolute weekend treat.