Vickys Cherry Creme Brûleé, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Cherry Creme Brûleé, GF DF EF SF NF using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Cherry Creme Brûleé, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 480 ml of coconut cream (2 cups).
- You need 2 tbsp of caster sugar (superfine).
- Prepare 160 ml of light coconut milk (2/3 cup) or milk of choice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornflour / cornstarch.
- You need 2 of vanilla pods.
- Prepare 1 tsp of powdered agar-agar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
Vickys Cherry Creme Brûleé, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Cut the vanilla pods in half lengthwise to open them up and scrape the seeds out with a teaspoon. Everything will be used, seeds and pods.
- Mix the light coconut milk and cornstarch together to make a slurry.
- Put the coconut cream, caster sugar, cornstarch slurry, vanilla pods and vanilla seeds into a medium sized pan.
- Bring to a low boil over a medium heat and let the milk start to thicken, scraping the pan sides as required. Whisk in the agar-agar and turmeric and let cook, whisking continuously until the agar has dissolved and the custard has thickened.
- Take off the heat and strain to remove the vanilla pods.
- Set out 4 custard cups or ramekins and spoon a layer of the stewed cherries avoiding using the juice into the bottom of each https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347405-vickys-brandied-cherries-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the cherries then cover the ramekins with foil.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours until set or preferably overnight. At this stage they'll sit happily for 2 days in the fridge so are ideal for preparing the day before.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle a tbsp of brown sugar evenly over the top of each custard and place under a medium preheated grill / broiler for a minute or until the sugar has melted. Alternatively use a kitchen blowtorch.
- Once the top is burnt you'll need to eat them within an hour. Don't put them back in the fridge, the sugared tops will melt.
- A lovely, creamy dessert!.