Leftover turkey Pot Pie. Left over turkey meat joins forces with peas, carrots, and green beans in a savory pot pie. Turkey pot pie is one of my favorite leftover turkey recipes! Made with a creamy turkey filling baked into a pie crust, it is quick and easy to prepare!
Use the included butter crust pastry or use refrigerated pie dough. This turkey pie is easy, and it's a great way to use leftover meat. The recipe can be made even easier with purchased gravy and a ready-made pie crust. You can cook Leftover turkey Pot Pie using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leftover turkey Pot Pie
- Prepare of pot pie.
- It’s 4 each of medium red potaotes.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic.
- It’s 1 of fennel , chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- It’s 3/4 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 1 box of Chicken stock (plus more to thin out sauce).
- You need 2 cup of leftover turkey.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of frozen corn.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen green beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 of premade refrigerated rolled pie crust.
- It’s of seasonings, salt and pepper (optional granulated garlic).
- Prepare 3 large of carrots.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
This turkey pot pie has a comforting creamy center with an extra-flaky top. Brushing the crust with heavy cream and sprinkling with flaky sea salt is an Use your leftover Thanksgiving turkey and any additional vegetables you have to make this extra-easy. Brushing the crust with heavy cream and. Leftover Turkey Pot Pies are a great way to use Thanksgiving leftovers like turkey, carrots, onions, celery, even pie crust.
Leftover turkey Pot Pie instructions
- Dice all the vegetables into small pieces.
- Add evoo and butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add fennel, carrots, and celery and saute for 3 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and flour and saute for another two.
- Add white wine and reduce for a few minutes. Add chicken stock and potaotes and cook until tender.
- Add heavy cream and frozen veggies. Cooke several minutes then test seaoning. Re-season if necessary. Add the cheddar cheese, stir and removed from heat. Check the thickness of the sauce. If it is too thick add extra chicken or vegetable stock or water to thin it out. Remember if it is too thin you csn thicken the sauce in many ways so please Google to find out how. Also the sauce will thicken when you cook it so keep that in mind!.
- Take pack of 2 premade pie crust and combine into one. Fit on the tip of Dutch oven or mixture (depending on the pan). Take one egg and beat with a fork with 2 tbsp of water. Brush on top of pie crust.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 30 min. or until crust is is brown. Serve and enjoy!.
Make them whatever size you want; we like small ramekins for mini-size portions for the kids! Some popular Thanksgiving Leftover recipes are Leftover Turkey and Sweet Potato Fritatta and Leftover Turkey Tacos with Brussels Sprouts Slaw to name a few! Of course, you can also make them with chicken! These little hand pies are baked in the oven, made with Goya baking discs which look. Use leftover holiday turkey or a rotisserie chicken for the filling—and if you have leftover roasted or sautéed vegetables (like peas, broccoli, or Surprisingly, the humble pot pie has a colorful history dating all the way back to the Roman Empire when it was a common dish served at royal banquets.