Thai Red Curry Paste (Can be made in a processor too!).
You can cook Thai Red Curry Paste (Can be made in a processor too!) using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Red Curry Paste (Can be made in a processor too!)
- It’s 2 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of black pepper corns.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cumin seeds or ground cumin.
- You need 2 of lemon grass stalks.
- Prepare 1 of large knob of ginger finally gratedy.
- You need 4 of red chillis (can be more).
- You need 1 of large knob of ginger.
- Prepare 2 of limes juice and grated rind.
- It’s 5 of large garlic cloves bashed and skin removed.
Thai Red Curry Paste (Can be made in a processor too!) instructions
- Heat a small frying pan to a medium high heat throw in the seeds and toast carefully. (I didn’t have cumin seeds, so I threw in the cumin a bit later on so it wouldn’t burn). Once you have released the flavour set aside to cool..
- Now next throw the toasted seeds in a pestle and mortar or a blender, crush or blitz away until into a fine crumb..
- Next bash and chop the lemongrass..
- Slice the chillis..
- Grate the ginger..
- Next grate the skin off the limes and squeeze in the juice into the spice mixture..
- Now bash the garlic, remove the skins..
- Put all of these ingredients into the spice and lime, now bash or blitz away, until a finer paste, it still has texture though..
- That’s it done use for whatever you want, it’s just delicious brushed onto meats and tofu with a drizzle of oil and roasted in the oven. Enjoy 😊.