Oven Baked Chicken Croquettes modified from Diana Rattray's recipe on southernfood.com. These chicken croquettes are baked in the oven, making them lower in fat than deep-fried croquettes. Plan to give them time to chill before baking. This recipe fries chicken in the oven so it's cleaner, healthier, and easier.
Traditionally served atop a mound of mashed potatoes. Learn how to make your favorite recipes in no time. We have everything from easy to expert recipes! You can have Oven Baked Chicken Croquettes modified from Diana Rattray's recipe on southernfood.com using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Baked Chicken Croquettes modified from Diana Rattray's recipe on southernfood.com
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 lb of cooked chicken.
- It’s 1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of eggs lightly beaten.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I use mozzarella).
Here is our list of complete French Recipes. – Chicken Wing 'Croquette'. – chocolate eclairs. – Oven Baked Chicken Croquettes modified from Diana Rattray's recipe on southernfood.com. Chicken is the go-to meal for many, but coming up with different ways to serve it can be a challenge. There are few homecooked dishes that deliver quite like an old fashioned oven-baked chicken. Chicken is so versatile that it can take on flavors from any.
Oven Baked Chicken Croquettes modified from Diana Rattray's recipe on southernfood.com instructions
- Poach Chicken. Place chicken in in a pan just large enough for chicken to fit in single layer. Cover with water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil then reduce heat so water barley bubbles. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cover for another 10 – 15 minutes..
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1/2 of the butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes without browning. Gradually whisk in milk and broth; cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat; let cool 5 to 10 minutes..
- In large bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup bread crumbs, parsley, salt and eggs. Mix well. Pour in sauce, blend well. Cover and chill for about 2 hours..
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine Mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish..
- Shape chicken croquettes mixture into 2 1/2-inch balls, then roll to form oval shapes; makes about 8. Roll shaped croquettes in bread crumb mixture. Arrange in a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Melt remaining butter and drizzle over chicken croquettes. Bake chicken croquettes 30 minutes until golden brown..
- For gravy I just used McCormik's Chicken gravy packets which we really like and is easy to make..
The secret to this baked chicken recipe is adding the chicken to a baking dish that's already hot. This ensures the chicken starts cooking immediately and That's certainly the case with this oven baked chicken recipe that tastes like fried chicken, but without any of the mess. With little more than butter. – Vegetables with Herbs de Provence – Amy's Creme Brulee – Chicken Wing 'Croquette' – chocolate eclairs – Oven Baked Chicken Croquettes modified from Diana Rattray's recipe on southernfood.com – Perkedel – Amy's Raspberry Mille Feuille with Berry Compote. For optimum baked bbq chicken flavor, I recommend you stick with these dark meat cuts and avoid breast meat. You can use any variety of thick, tomato or mustard-based sauce with For this baked bbq chicken recipe, I used a spicy store-bought tomato barbecue sauce made with vinegar and sugar.