Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos. Green chili or Chili Verde is a favorite in the southwest, especially in New Mexico where the Hatch Green chilies are second to none. During the harvest season in the late summer, early fall, the chilies are picked and roasted in large metal cages that are turned over open fires. Serve Mexican for dinner tonight with this no-fuss burrito recipe!
I used canned chicken, green chilis, corn, beans, and enchilada sauce to make them. With a little cheese and some flour tortillas that I already had on hand, I made a delicious and hearty meal. For our Cinco de Mayo dinner tonight, we are having Smothered Burritos with Green Chili, as the main course. You can have Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos using 31 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos
- You need of ● For The Meats.
- Prepare 2 Pounds of Pork Roast [use 1 pound for burritos – 1 for stew].
- It’s 42 oz of Beef Or Chicken Broth.
- It’s of ● For The Shreadded Pork.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Pork Broth.
- It’s 1 Packet of Old Elpaso Taco Seasoning.
- It’s 1 Cup of Broth.
- Prepare 2 oz of Reserved Green Chilies.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Green Salsa.
- Prepare of ● For The Refried Beans [all veggies & fruit to be fine chopped].
- You need 2 (16 oz) of Cans Rosarita Refried Beans.
- You need 2 (4 oz) of Can Hatch Green Chilies [fully drained – reserve one].
- It’s 1 of Medium EX Firm Deseeded Tomato.
- Prepare 2 of Deseeded Minced Jalapeños.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Minced Red Onion.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Minced Vidalia Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Crushed Epazote Herb.
- You need 1 tsp of Crushed Mexican Oregano.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need of ● For The Filler Options [to taste].
- It’s of Mexican 3 Cheese.
- Prepare of Sour Cream.
- It’s of Green Or Red Salsa.
- Prepare of ● For The Breads.
- It’s as needed of Warm Flour Tortillas.
- You need of ● For The Garnishments [as needed].
- You need of Shreadded Lettuce.
- Prepare of Chopped Tomatoes.
- You need of Shreadded Cheese.
- It’s of Sliced Avacados.
Home » Main Dish » Smothered Green Chile Chicken Burritos. Make the burrito filling as instructed and roll up in tortillas (either uncooked or regular tortillas). Place in a freezer ziplock bag. Chili Verde, or pork green chili as it is also known, can be used to fill burritos or tacos if you are just scooping out the meat from sauce, spooned over rice, used to smother burritos (or apparently burgers), or just eaten straight out of a bowl topped with all your favorite chili fixins'.
Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos instructions
- Simmer pork roast in a crock pot for 6 to 8 hours in beef or chicken broth..
- Pull pork meat from broth and allow to cool slightly. Strain broth of any floating fats..
- Fine shread pork meat with forks and disgard any fat or anything unsightly..
- Reserve 1 cup broth for the shreadded chicken for burritos. Reserve the rest of the stock and 1 pound shreadded pork to make a healthy pork stew. Or, a Green Chili Stew If interested, see steps 13 thru 15..
- Chop all vegetables for your refried beans. You'll leave these raw as they'll act as a crispy Pico de Gallo within your burritos..
- Use a refried bean product like Rosarita, GOYA or Old Elpaso. They're all great brands..
- Heat beans and mix with your crispy vegetables..
- Fry pulled pork for burritos covered in 1 cup broth, 1 packet Old Elpaso Taco Seasoning, 1 – 4 oz can of green chilies and 1/2 cup of your favorite green salsa. Steam well. Stir occasionally..
- Smear heated refried bean mixture on warm tortilla and add hot seasoned fried shreadded pork meat. All ingredients should be fully heated. Or, at room temp [i.e., cheeses, tortillas] before construction and placing in Panini Press or grilling..
- Add whatever fillers you'd like before wrapping up tortillas tightly..
- Place burritos in hot press until scored and cheese has melted..
- Serve burritos hot with green salsa, sour cream, Mexican 3 cheese, lettuce and tomatoes & Avacado slices. Also, a side of Green Chili Stew. Enjoy!.
- You're already half way there if interested in making the pork stew. Just add whatever vegetables you have on hand, [i.e., chopped onions, potatoes, carrots, celery, bell peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, etc., a McCormick Beef Stew packet [a great cheater] and additional herbs & spices].
- Simmer stew for a few more hours in your same crock pot until vegetables have softened. You can also add a pint of Hatch Green Chili to your stew for an extra kick. It's always a delicious option!.
- Serve your stew with fresh bread or warm flour tortillas. Enjoy!.
Green Chili Stew is a fast and delicious home-cooked meal cooked entirely in the Instant Pot (or Pressure Cooker). This easy Instant Pot Pork Fortunately, I did learn a thing or two while making this super delicious Instant Pot Pork Green Chili Stew…and trust me, it is delicious…all of which I have. Pork Green Chili – New Mexico-Style. Written by. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) This pork green chili uses plenty of roasted and peeled (and relatively mild) chiles and succulent pork to create an easy and warming. This New Mexico Chile Verde AKA Green Chili recipe is savory and bold with tomatillos and poblanos, and is perfect for spicy chili lovers!