Indonesian Potato Patty – Perkedel/Begedil. Got left over mashed potato from cooking something? Indonesian perkedel has more potatoes than meat. Perkedel kentang or also known as bergedil or begedil in Singapore and Malaysia is a popular Add the rest of the ingredients for perkedel and mix everything thoroughly.
Shallots, garlic, candlenuts, nutmeg, white pepper, chopped Chinese celery are added into mashed potatoes mixture, then shaped into patties. Indonesian Potato Indonesian Potato Patty Indonesian Potato Cake Perkedel Kentang Begedil Recipe Indonesian Potato Fritters Perkedel Recipe Begedil Kentang Recipe. Begedil / Perkedel (Fried Potato Patty with Fish) is a recipe I learning several years ago. You can cook Indonesian Potato Patty – Perkedel/Begedil using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Potato Patty – Perkedel/Begedil
- You need 500 g of Beef (ground).
- Prepare 500 g of Potatoes (diced).
- Prepare 100 g of Yellow Onions (finely diced).
- It’s 30 g of Chinese Celery (finely diced).
- You need 1 tsp of White Pepper Powder.
- It’s 2 pc of Eggs (beaten).
- Prepare as needed of Cooking Oil (1 cup).
- You need as needed of Salt.
A group of us ladies were invited by a friend to her house for post-Bible Study fellowship, which we jokingly refer to as 'Fei Lo Ship' ( 'Fat Man's Ship' in Cantonese). Perkedel, bergedel, pegedil or begedil is Indonesian fried patties, made of ground potatoes, minced meat, peeled and ground corn or tofu, or minced fish. Most common perkedel are made from mashed potatoes, yet there are other popular variants which includes perkedel jagung. perkedel appetizer asian food begedil bergedel chives cooking croquette food photography fried homemade horizontal indonesian food mashed potatoes meat minced beef patties potato round selective focus side dish snack wooden plate. Check out this crispy Indonesian potato patties.
Indonesian Potato Patty – Perkedel/Begedil instructions
- MARINADE: season the Beef with 2 pinches of Salt and 1/2 tsp of White Pepper for 30 minutes or longer..
- ONIONS: in a large wok, heat up 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil until hot and fry the Onions until fragrant. Remove and set aside in a large mixing bowl..
- BEEF: add 2 Tbsp of Cooking Oil to the wok and fry the Beef until crispy and brown all over. Remove and place the Beef along with the Onions..
- POTATOES: in a large wok, heat up 1 cup of Cooking Oil and fry the Potatoes until golden. Remove, let it cool and after that, MASH the Potatoes and season with 2 pinches of Salt and the remaining White Pepper..
- PATTY: combine the Mashed Potatoes with the Beef and Onions. Add the Chinese Celery and mix all the ingredients well. Take a ball of the mixture and roll it into a Patty, do this for the rest of the mixture..
- DEEP FRY: coat or brush the Patty with the Beaten Eggs and then in the previous wok, deep fry them until golden brown. You can eat Perkedel like a croquette, or eat it with rice and curry..
It is crispy on the outside and super tender on the inside. This potato recipe is very popular in parties. Place deep-fried begedil on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil. This dish can be eaten as a appetiser or to popular Malay dishes like lontong. Shaped and chilled patties of potato mixture, ready to be deep-fried into perkedel kentang (potato fritters).