Pad Krapow Gai. All Reviews for Spicy Thai Basil Chicken (Pad Krapow Gai). Read on for a much shorter version of the Thai Basil Chicken (Gai Pad Krapow) recipe instructions, this time with visual aids! Pad Kraprow Gai (ผัดกระเพราไก่) literally translates to Fried Holy Basil Chicken and is a Thai street food dish that also happens to be one of my favorite dishes of all time.
Gai Pad Krapow updated their profile picture. Still, be careful when chopping chilis for gai pad krapow (or its accompaniment, nam pla prik); let your knife slide the chilis into the wok, not your hand. Thai Basil Chicken ("Pad Krapow Gai" or "Gai Pad Krapow") is a classic Thai stir-fry where the amazing aroma of basil pairs so well with the savory sauce. You can have Pad Krapow Gai using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pad Krapow Gai
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts (minced).
- You need 1 bunch of Thai holy basil (or regular basil).
- You need 4-5 of red thai chillies.
- It’s 2 of Shallots.
- Prepare 4-5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of Jasmine rice for two.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 3 of table spoons of soya sauce.
- It’s 1 table spoon of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of oyster sauce.
Serve over steamed jasmine rice and top. How to Serve Pad Krapow Gai (Tai Basil Chicken). Typically, Thai food is served with long-grain jasmine rice or short-grain sticky rice. This dish is amazing over rice, cauliflower rice, or on its own.
Pad Krapow Gai step by step
- Cook the rice.
- Chop the chillies, garlic and shallots.
- Mince the chicken.
- Fry the chillies, garlic and shallots until golden.
- Put aside and fry the chicken.
- Once chicken is cooked, add the garlic, shallots and chillies.
- Add soya sauce, fish sauce and oyster sauce.
- Add a little bit of water and add holy basil.
- Stir everything together until basil has shrunk.
- Serve on top of rice and add fried egg.
Holly originally introduced me to the traditional recipe of Pad Krapow Ga. Then my mom found a variation to this Thai Basil Chicken recipe in an old issue of Sunset magazine. Spicy Thai Basil Chicken – My Pad Krapow Gai. Pad Gaprao (Pad Kra Pao) ผัดกะเพรา Chicken Stir-Fry with Holy Basil. Pre-measure your soy sauce and oyster in a small bowl..