Potato Croquettes. These Potato Croquettes are a great crispy appetizer for parties and game day. Croquettes are the kind of food that I always tend to order at restaurants, but they are actually very easy to make at home. Crispy yet creamy, these croquettes might make mashed potatoes better the second time around.
These potato croquettes from the Hairy Bikers are a lovely side dish for a roast or a casserole that's really easy but utterly moreish. Add a few dried herbs to the potato croquettes if you wish. The French word "Croquette" means "To crunch" and croquettes are usually small cylindrical shaped food rolls that are coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried. You can have Potato Croquettes using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Croquettes
- Prepare 2 cups of leftover mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- You need 2 tsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 2 tsp of granulated onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmiggiano (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of cheddar.
- It’s of For breading:::2 eggs beaten.
- Prepare of About 2 cups of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
These croquettes are fluffy and buttery on. In order to make the Potato Croquettes, you need to use a mealy potato that becomes dry and fluffy when it is cooked. The Russet potato, also known as the Mighty Idaho, is the spud for us today. Potato Croquettes are deep fried mashed potatoes balls and are the perfect way to use leftovers.
Potato Croquettes instructions
- In a large, mix together the mashed potatoes with egg, parsley, onion, garlic, and cheddar, set aside..
- Whisk the eggs in a dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a separate shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs with parmiggiano, black pepper..
- In large skillet add enough oil to come up about an inch on the side of the pan..
- Allow the oil to get the oil to get nice and hot over about medium heat..
- When oil is ready get started on forming your patties.
- Use an ice cream scoop out the potato mixture, flatten it out with your fingers, dip each one in the beaten eggs and dredge them in the bread crumbs..
- Place them in hot oil and cook them for a few minutes on each side or until both sides are golden brown and crispy..
- Drain then in a paper towel lined plate..
They're basically just like adult tater tots, only better! (Jump directly to the recipe.) Potato Croquettes are crisp fried breaded mashed potato patties. Parmesan cheese and chives are These delicious Potato Croquettes are so easy to whip together. They can be deep fried but I. In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, eggs, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper, bacon bits and onion flakes. Form mixture into patties, and dredge patties in the bread crumbs.