Bread Pudding – Raisin/Pecan.
You can have Bread Pudding – Raisin/Pecan using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding – Raisin/Pecan
- Prepare 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 5 large of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 15 oz of raisins.
- It’s 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 3 cup of French or Italian bread, cubed – allow to stale ovrrnight in a bowl.
- Prepare 1 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar (for sauce).
- It’s 1 stick of of butter, melted (for sauce).
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten (for sauce).
- It’s 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract (for sauce).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brandy (for sauce).
- Prepare 1 of mint leaf sprig.
Bread Pudding – Raisin/Pecan instructions
- For the bread pudding: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan..
- Mix together granulated sugar, eggs, raisins, and milk in a bowl; add vanilla. Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 10 minutes..
- In another bowl, mix and crumble together brown sugar, butter, and pecans..
- Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the top and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven..
- For the sauce: Mix together the granulated sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir together until the sugar is melted. Add the brandy, stirring well. Pour over bread pudding. Serve warm or cold. Add sprig of mint for garnish..