Mike's Green Chili Tacos. Green Chile Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Recipe. I sure do love to use my crock pot. The beauty of these green chili pork tacos is that they are super simple!
These slow cooker shredded chicken green chili tacos have been on my site for a very long time— until I went send a friend to it one day, and realized the post isn't there anymore! Well, no matter anyways, because MAN were my photos ugly back then! Great recipe for Mike's Green Chimichangas & Green Chile Sauce. You can cook Mike's Green Chili Tacos using 34 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Green Chili Tacos
- It’s of ● For The Chilled Vegetables [chopped – as needed].
- You need of Habenero Peppers.
- You need of Shredded Cabbage.
- Prepare of Shredded Lettuce.
- It’s of Chopped EX Firm Beefeater Tomatoes.
- You need of Sliced Radishes.
- It’s of Chopped White Vidalia Onions.
- Prepare Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
- You need of Chopped Red Onions.
- You need of Halved Black Olives [drained].
- You need dash of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare of Lime Wedges [quartered].
- You need of ● For The Meats.
- Prepare 2 Pounds of 90/10 Hamburger Meat [no need to drain meat].
- You need 1 Pound of Diced Pork Shoulder [optional].
- You need as needed of Beef Broth [for steaming meat & dissolving seasoning].
- Prepare 3 of Smashed Fine Minced Garlic Cloves.
- You need 2 (4 oz) of Cans Green Chili [or 8 oz fresh hatch green chilies].
- You need 1 Dash of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1 Dash of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Deyderated Onions.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Packets of El Paso Taco Seasoning [you may not need all].
- Prepare of ● For The Sides [as needed].
- You need of Jalapeno Peppers.
- It’s of Mexican 3 Cheese.
- It’s of Green Salsa.
- Prepare of Red Salsa.
- It’s of Sour Cream.
- It’s of Fresh Chives.
- It’s of Sliced Avacados.
- You need of ● For The Carbs [as needed].
- Prepare 6 of " Flour Tortillas.
- You need 6 of " Corn Tortillas.
- Prepare of Hard Taco Shells.
Today's recipe is an all purpose one and super versatile. Chicken breasts are cooked in the slow cooker with chili verde sauce, chicken stock and pantry spices. It's Taco Tuesday and Shredded Green Chili Chicken Tacos are on the menu! After all, who doesn't know how to make an easy assed taco nowadays?
Mike's Green Chili Tacos step by step
- Chop all vegetables and sprinkle with a dash of Ground Cumin and fresh Ground Black Pepper. Authors Side Note: The red and green salsa pictured were made by a 104 year old Hispanic woman in Chihuahua City, Mexico who literally won't cough up her secret recipes. Yup. It appears she's taking this one to the grave. Stingy ole' bag! But still, delicious!.
- Optional ingredient: Rinse your pork shoulder and pat dry..
- Fine dice your pork shoulder if opting..
- Chop up your hamburger meat and add your green chilies, cumin, seasoning packet and beef broth. Simmer meat until browned and fully moist and cooked. No need to drain meat if using 90/10 grade..
- De-seed and dice your fresh green chilies. Or, add your canned green chilies to your hamburger and pork meat. Also, add a dash of Ground Cumin again to the mix!.
- You'll definitely need beef broth to thin your taco seasoning packet. Then, whisk! whisk! whisk!.
- If adding pork cubes – add 1 1/2 packets of taco seasoning. If not, just one packet is needed. Old El Passo is a great OTC brand!.
- Enjoy your tacos with ice cold Mexican beers in ice cold frosty mugs!.
Well, those NOT in the know would be my tiny, sweet six year old culinary students. That's who! [i swear, they're so stinkin' cute!] From another recipe I used half a chopped onion to line the bottom placed the roast on top and added the enchilada sauce and a can of green chili's broth and topped with cilantro. This made some wonderful meat to be used in burritos taco enchilada's or just over rice and beans. Add garlic, cumin, coriander, bay leaf and tomato. Chicken thighs braised in a tangy and spicy green salsa made with tomatillos and chilies, served in warm tortillas. [Photographs: J.