Mexican Corn Cakes with Green Chili Sauce. How to Make Mexican Street Corn (Elotes). This Grilled Mexican Corn is the best corn I have ever had in my life. Chargrilled (or cooked on stovetop) then slathered in a chipotle adobo mayo It took a few goes, making a sauce with punchy enough flavours to compliment rather than being drowned out the strong smoky char grilled flavours.
With Mexican cheese and green chilis, this corn pudding has plenty going for it to eat it without the chipotle sauce, but I think that the sauce is the proverbial icing on the cake. SERVE: Serve corn pudding warm with smoky chipotle sauce drizzled to taste. It is nice and hot, so start off with just a little. You can have Mexican Corn Cakes with Green Chili Sauce using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Corn Cakes with Green Chili Sauce
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of masa flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 2 cup of corn kernels (1 can- 15 1/4 oz.) drained.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of queso fresco cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of green onions, chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground comino.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely diced onions.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of Green Chili Cheese Sauce.
- You need 5 tbsp of butter.
- You need 5 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 can of (4 oz)chopped green chilies.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded monterey jack cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
The golden brown cakes are a subtly spicy base for a hearty topping of chicken and carrots spiced with seasonings like ancho chile powder, smoked To make these soft, warm cakes—inspired by sopes, a staple of Mexican cuisine—two kinds of pickled peppers are cooked into our cornmeal-based batter. These mexican corn cakes are delicious and vegan. Try adding poached eggs as well for a delicious and hearty dinner or brunch. Top these delicious Mexican corn cakes with salsa, avocado and poached eggs for a great dinner.
Mexican Corn Cakes with Green Chili Sauce step by step
- Mix masa, flour, baking soda, salt & pepper and ground comino. Stir. Mix in corn, cilantro and queso fresco cheese. Set aside..
- Heat 3 tbsp butter in a small skillet and saute onions and garlic until golden brown..
- Add onions & garlic to corn mixture..
- Slowly add warm water to the corn mixture until mixed and dough holds together..
- Heat skillet over medium heat with 1/4 cup vegetable oil..
- Shape dough into patties about 1/2" thick. Add to skillet and brown on both sides about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- **Green Chili Sauce**.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add flour and whisk until incorporated to make a roux..
- Slowly pour in chicken stock and continue to stir..
- Add green chilies, sour cream and monterey jack cheese. Continue to stir until thick. Remove from heat..
- Spoon over corn cakes and garnish with cayenne pepper for a spicy kick. Enjoy!.
The cakes come out crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside. Chicken- and cheese-stuffed corn tortillas baked under a creamy sauce infused with hot green YUMMY STUFF! Easy to make and even my husband who doesn't usually like Mexican food loved it. Mexican Street Corn TostadasTurnip The Oven. lime, corn kernels, diced tomatoes with green chilies, black Easy Alfredo Sauce With Cream Cheese And Milk Recipes. Charred Corn Salad with Hatch Green Chiles.