Piri Piri chicken/cheese Monte Cristo. Any other recipe that requires frying, braising or oven roasting is a fake. To make the marinade, tip the dried chillies and the vinegar into a pan and bring to the boil. Aaron Crowder of Cervo's in Manhattan's Lower East Side makes piri piri chicken, a slightly spicy, classic Portuguese dish, in the MUNCHIES Test Kitchen.
Add half the piri-piri sauce, spreading it evenly over the chicken. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour. This Piri Piri Chicken recipe is an at home version of the dish you'll find at any Nando's location! You can have Piri Piri chicken/cheese Monte Cristo using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Piri Piri chicken/cheese Monte Cristo
- You need of Leftover rotisserie chicken (amount to your desire).
- Prepare of Any Piri Piri sauce (amount to your desire).
- Prepare 3 pieces of bread.
- It’s 1.5 Tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 of Large egg.
- You need 2 slices of American cheese.
If you aren't familiar with Nando's they're an international chain Piri Piri chicken is a traditional Portuguese dish. It's usually grilled and charred whole chicken pieces covered in a chili based paste or sauce. These Piri Piri Chicken skewers get their reddish-gold hue from bell pepper and paprika in the marinade and get a fiery kick from fresh African bird's. This riff on the piri piri marinade balances the heat of fresh chiles with sweet bell pepper, garlic, and a splash of tangy red wine vinegar.
Piri Piri chicken/cheese Monte Cristo step by step
- In a bowl, mix the rotisserie chicken with Piri Piri sauce. Set aside..
- Beat egg in a separate bowl. Set aside..
- Place the bread, cheese, rotisserie chicken mix, bread, rotisserie chicken mix, cheese and lastly bread. Then dip every sides into egg..
- Put butter in the frying pan on high level and then reduce to medium/high..
- Put the assembled sandwich into the frying pan and fry each sides..
Piri-piri chicken is, like a lot of Portuguese cuisine, a one of Portugal's best dishes. Every restaurant and Portuguese mother has their own secret ingredient that makes their frango piri-piri the best, but overall it is a fairly simple dish. The chicken is spatchcocked and marinaded (or not). Piri Piri Chicken – mildly spicy luscious chicken legs marinated with the complex flavors of Peri Peri Sauce – a very versatile and bold sauce. Grilling season is here, so it is time to fire up the grill.