Mike's Tropical Caribbean French Toast. This morning I had a half of a large loaf of homemade sourdough bread staring at me saying: "you either need to cook me or grind me up into. How to Make Caribbean French Toast. Heat a large skillet and add butter or oil, enough to coat the pan.
Second Podcast of the new French Toast Podcast Series. It's a Deep Tropical Funky House with French House and Nu Disco, hope you enjoy the funky shit! From the same folks who brought you the Tiger Blood Donut and the Tequila Sunrise Donut comes a fabulous new foray into the depths of donut flavors, the Caribbean French Toast Donut. You can have Mike's Tropical Caribbean French Toast using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Tropical Caribbean French Toast
- Prepare of ● For The Egg Bread Coat.
- It’s 6 of LG Egglands Best Eggs [whisked well].
- It’s 1 Dash of Half & Half Cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 Dash of Pineapple Juice.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Sweetened Shredded Coconut [+ reserves].
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Quality Strawberry Preserves [+ reserves].
- You need 1/4 tsp of Dried Mint Leaves.
- It’s as needed of Salted Butter [to fry french toast].
- You need of ● For The Bread.
- Prepare 8 of Thick Slices Bread [texas toast works best].
- You need of ● For The Fruits [to taste – all chopped or sliced].
- You need of ● Note: [make certain your fruits are ripe but firm & fresh].
- You need of Strawberries.
- It’s of Bananas.
- Prepare of Pineapple [cubed – reserve juices].
- Prepare of Cantaloupe.
- You need of Green Melon.
- You need of Tangerine.
- Prepare of Grapes.
- Prepare of Kiwi [peeled].
- It’s of Blueberries [optional].
- Prepare of ● For The Garnish [as needed].
- Prepare of Shredded Sweetened Coconut Shavings.
- You need of ● For The Options.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Rum Extract [added to egg bread coat].
- It’s to taste of Cinnamon.
Photo about Tropical breakfast outdoor of French toast with bananas and strawberries. This Coconut Milk French Toast gets a tropical twist and is topped with sweet caramelized pineapple. This recipe can easily be made gluten- and/or dairy-free. I decided to put together a surpiringly easy but completely delicious breakfast or brunch: Coconut Milk French Toast with Caramelized Pineapple.
Mike's Tropical Caribbean French Toast step by step
- Here's the bulk of what you'll need..
- Whisk everything in your egg bread coat section..
- Chop all of your firm but ripe fruits. You'll want them sweet. It'll keep you from having to use Simple or Maple Syrup..
- Go with with a thick sliced Artisanal bread or Texas Toast..
- Dip your bread into your egg mixture and coat again with sweetened shredded coconut on both sides..
- This recipe goes great with thick sliced homemade banana bread as well. Just follow the same directions. ;0).
- Garnish with additional shredded coconut. The homemade strawberry preserves really do make this dish so feel free to serve it to the side for dipping. You'll even be able to forgo syrup with it. Enjoy!.
Coconut French toast is a crispy, tropical spin on the classic french toast recipe. It's pretty simple to make and tastes and looks impressive! The warm and creamy inside and the caramelized outside are a perfect combination! All you need is shredded coconut, but you have to be careful while you are. Online food ordering from your local favorites for takeout or delivery.