Cheesy Mexican Chili. Cheesy Mexican Chili. "My husband, Ron, and I farm," relates Chris Severson of Emerson, Nebraska. "I prepare this chili and take it out to the field during harvest. I added diced jalapeno and add some hot Mexican style chili powder. Instead of fresh tomato I substituted fire.
When I served this One Pot Cheese Mexican Lentils, Black Beans and Rice to my husband I was skeptical if he would like it. I can't tell you how glad I am that I now have a few. Serve up this cheesy Mexican beans and rice dish topped with cilantro A favorite with my family, this cheesy Mexican dish makes a wonderful side dish but is perfectly suitable to star as the main course! You can cook Cheesy Mexican Chili using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Mexican Chili
- You need 1 lb of Ground beef.
- You need 1 of large white onion.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 can of pinto beans.
- It’s 1 can of black beans.
- You need 1 can of kidney beans.
- You need 1 cup of salsa Verde.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of mexican blend cheese.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cholula hot sauce.
- It’s of cooking oil/spray.
This Mexican Chili recipe is one of our favorites, and I've made this dozens of times. Find tostada bowls in the Mexican foods aisle at the grocery store. To serve, dish some chili into each tostada. Feel free to use a little sour cream to garnish this appetizer.
Cheesy Mexican Chili step by step
- First: dice up your vegetables and set them aside. Add olive oil to large stovetop pan and heat over medium heat. Add ground beef and brown then drain excess juices..
- Empty your bean cans into a large strainer and rinse until all preservatives are off the beans and water runs clean through the strainer. Add beans to ground beef and mix..
- Add your vegetables to the mix and continue to cook uncovered. Once vegetables have softened, add your salsa Verde and Hot Sauce to the mixture. Continue to cook while stirring until everything is coated with the salsa and starts to stick together..
- Once chili is cooked, add cheese overtop and cover pan for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Serve as is or add even more cheese afterwards!.
- To make the chili vegetarian: add an extra can or two of beans, remove ground beef for the recipe and use another small onion and bell pepper to the mix..
Hearty, cheesy chili scooped into crisp tortilla shells makes these Mini Mexican Cups a huge hit! Serve them for summer parties and weeknight dinners! Though hubby and I have years of adventures and. Home » Recipes » Soup + Chilis » Mexican Cheesy Chicken Chowder Recipe. I have quite a few other drafts in queue but this Mexican Cheesy Chicken Chowder got pushed to the front of the line.