Homemade eclair cake, inspired by cook's country.
You can cook Homemade eclair cake, inspired by cook's country using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade eclair cake, inspired by cook's country
- It’s of cake.
- Prepare 1 of vanilla pudding recipe* see in profile.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of unflavored powdered gelatin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of heavy cream, cold.
- You need 1 of 14 ounce box of graham crackers.
- You need 1 tbsp of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips, must be dark chocolate.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of vegetable oil.
Homemade eclair cake, inspired by cook's country instructions
- This dessert may seem daunting to prepare but is worth it and honestly easy to make. Time for the steps is the biggest obstacle. Please do give it a try, it is so very worth the effort!.
- Cook pudding as directed in recipe. Chill though for 3 hours. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355873-homemade-vanilla-pudding.
- Once pudding is chilled, in a small cup add the gelatin and water. Allow to sit for 3-5 minutes..
- Microwave it for 30 seconds. If you don't have a microwave heat in small sauce pan, on high,until bubbly. Scrape out every last bit from pan using this method:-) and cool.
- In mixer using whisk attachment, whisk 2 1/2 cups cream until soft peaks..
- Continue whisking adding in gelatin and whisk until you achieve firm peaks..
- In large bowl, blend 1/3 of whipped cream into pudding. Then carefully fold in remainder to keep as much air as possible that you whisked into cream. Set aside.
- In another sauce pan, heat remaining cream, just bring to a boil being careful not to scorch..
- Remove from heat, add in chips , sugar , oil . whisk to combine well. Set aside.
- TO ASSEMBLE:.
- Use a 9 by 13 baking dish. Line bottom with full sized graham crackers. You may need to break one to cover it completely..
- Top grahams with half of pudding mixture..
- Add a layer of grahams on top of that layer..
- one more layer of pudding and then last layer of grahams..
- Pour chocolate sauce over top graham layer and spread evenly..
- Cover and chill 24 hours! This is truly the most difficult part. It must set up properly for optimal results.